This was not a fab project for me at the beginning of the two weeks, we each got given an object in which to create a fashion piece with. I got given socks. Although socks are fabric which is easy to sew, I just wasn’t inspired at all and had no idea where to start.
Once I had gotten into the project and my experimentation had developed a little, I started to get a design in my head for a skirt that I wanted to make. I drew out the design and started building it around some wire in order to keep it in shape.
I began my sewing together the ends of socks in rows to create a layered structure, I then added some socks which were stretched around thin cylinders in order to add a different texture and shape to the skirt. I also created small roses which I died blue to add a splash of colour.